Sunday, September 2, 2012

Introduction to the Experiment

The experiment will be 21 weeks long.  I thought a lot about whether I wanted to actually do the experiment and then post my results or if I wanted to post as I go along.  I think it would be more helpful to actually post as I go along.  Please feel free to comment if you interpret something differently or have a better way to apply something.

The following list is just a rough list.  As I start researching all of the verses I may find that a verse means something differently than I originally thought.  The way I am going to do the experiment is that I will do all of the research for a verse and then the following week I will start implementing the things I learned.  I will probably choose one main idea to focus on each week even if the verse talks about multiple things.  I will post a "result" post after I finish each week.

Week 1: She is noble.

Week 2: Husband has confidence in her.

Week 3: Brings her husband good not harm.

Week 4: She works with eager hands.

Week 5: She brings her food from afar.

Week 6: She gets up early to provide food for her family.

Week 7: She makes money from her investments.

Week 8: She sees that her trading is profitable.  Her lamp does not go out at night.

Week 9: In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

Week 10: She provides for the less fortunate.

Week 11: Her household is clothed in high quality clothes.

Week 12: She makes coverings for her bed; She is clothed in fine line and purple.

Week 13: Her husband is respected.

Week 14: She makes things and sells them.

Week 15: She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

Week 16: She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

Week 17: She watches over her household.  She does not eat the bread of idleness.

Week 18: Her children call her blessed.  Her husband blesses her.

Week 19: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.

Week 20: She fears the Lord.

Week 21: Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment