Sunday, September 2, 2012

Introduction To Me and Why I'm Doing This Experiment


A Little Bit About Me:
My name is Lauren.
I'm 23.
I have been married for almost 3 years.
I have a 2 year old baby girl.
I am currently staying home full-time with my daughter.
I'm attending a community college to get my Associate's in communications.
I plan on transferring to a university next fall to get my Bachelor's in communications.
I have a great love for books and reading.
I live in North Carolina.

Why I'm Doing This Experiment:
I'm doing this experiment because I want to be a better wife and mother.  I also want to please God in the way that I tackle my daily roles.  Things aren't bad in my marriage but they could probably be better.  The passion that I have for my husband is less than it used to be.  I still love my husband with my whole heart but I just feel like our relationship is different.  I want to put the passion back in my marriage.  I also want my husband to think I'm the greatest thing ever!!  I never want to look back on my life and wish I was a better mother or wife.  I want to start implementing this stuff now BEFORE our marriage starts to get hard.

I struggle with depression and I can be very moody.  Before I got the idea to do this experiment, my husband and I were going through a rough patch.  I was being grumpy constantly.  I wasn't keeping up with cleaning or cooking.  I wasn't being patient and loving with my husband and daughter.  I was miserable and I felt "stuck" at home.  I was frustrated with the way I was feeling because I really feel like God has called me to be at home.  I started to think about all the things I don't like about my husband and everything that would make my life easier.  Then it suddenly hit me.  It was MY fault that I was struggling so much.  Things were strained in my marriage because I wasn't treating my husband with the respect and love he deserves.  My daughter was being extremely fussy and difficult because I wasn't taking the time to play and spend time with her.  I wasn't keeping up with my housework because I was looking at it as a chore instead of as a way to bless my family.  I was frustrated with not making money and helping out the family financially because I started to want things that the world says I should have.

I started praying about my situation and I decided that I should see what the Bible said about being a wife and mother.  I found Proverbs 31 and knew that this was the woman that I wanted to mold my life after.  This woman could do everything! I decided that I would focus on one verse a week and record my experiences.  At the end of the 22 weeks I could look back and see how much things had improved.

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.  I encourage you to join along and share your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment